Friday, April 15, 2011

Will You Go To Prom With Me??

I'm all signed up and ready for the Western Pacific half marathon (think there is an Eastern Pacific half marathon?), and will be running tomorrow, Saturday. 

My hamstring feels pretty great.  99.2%?

I am, however, extremely paranoid now. I feel like I can sense a curse arising, that for some reason I am going to injure myself and take myself out of the Eugene Marathon.

Even though f I wasn't racing tomorrow, I would likely just go out on a casual 20 miler, feel fine and call it a weekend.

I have no plan for the race.  No idea whether I will take it easy or run hard or somewhere in between.  I'm leaving that up to how I feel that morning. 

I'm also planning on getting lost during the race -- the directors emailed us that we should keep a map with us while running....WHAT?!  come on, just paint an arrow on the trail with eco-friendly birdseed or something. 
______________________________________________________

I was enthralled to hear your thoughts on blog advertising and product reviews.  It felt really nice to see that we aren't all a bunch of "yes men" here who blindly nod our heads.  Everyone had a slightly different take on the subject, so thank you for that.

Many felt a product review does not have to be a bad thing, and can in fact be the right thing to do to help out a small business.

I still may do one in the future -- but for now, this is MY BLOG you know?  Not a platform for marketing.  

(just to clarify, the product I chose not to review was NOT soy joy)

Alright, let's do prom pics!

These are obviously inspired by SR's post on the topic, and if you read her blog (which I'm guessing 98% of you do), you may have seen a couple of these before.


Cute little two piece.  This is a horrible scan, you can't see the detail -- but it is velvet, with lace draping on the bottom.  Prom of Junior year, 2001.


This was a $20 dress from one of those trashy no-name stores at the mall.  I had it shortened from floor length and long sleeve.  And then I added hideous hair.  Turnabout (girl asks guy) sophomore year, 2000.

I'm on the right.  My beautiful friend is wearing another sparkly dress of mine.  That's my natural hair color.  Ya dig it? Senior Year Boat Dance.
This is the dress my friend above wore.  I was just trying it on for fun and saying "Mom!! Take a picture, duh!!"




 Same dress -- on the left, 2001 boat dance, 17 years old.  On the right, 2007 Barristers Ball, 23 years old.  Which Roserunner rocks it better?

This makes no sense, my arms have never been Cameron Diaz/Madonna ripped.  It's a trick of the camera and tanning lotion.  Oh, and please don't be shy about making fun-- I had a sense of humor about this outfit even at the time.

I'm on the right.  I've also worn this dress again 6 years later...this was the most expensive dress I ever bought.  I think it was just under $200. 

Ok you know the game.  Who wears it better, 18 year old me or 24 year old me?

If you hated this, I'm sorry, because I have 10 more decks of high-school pictures at my parents home that are eventually going to make their way up onto the blog. 

20 comments:

  1. You are so much ballsier than I could have been with that butterfly top!

    I love the rose dress. It reminds me of your layout. I think you look great both years but you look ethereal when you were 24. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous in the beige dress. and the dress itself is so gorgeous and timeless. i would have never guessed it was ten years old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look like you came straight off of the red carpet in the 2007 dress! And I freakin' LOVE the butterfly shirt picture! So hilarious -- I could so see myself rocking it like it was the cutest thing ever, too! I was OBSESSED with butterflies when I was younger, my AIM screen name was "butterflyflair." I don't know what that means exactly, but I'm pretty sure your shirt could be considered butterfly flair :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok I'll play
    on the strapeless: I vote for 2007 Barristers Ball, 23 years old! I like your hair better on that one also.

    the last dress (so pretty) I like the 24 yrs old better, also like the hair better on that one.

    enjoy your race/run tomorrow!

    my favorite look is the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fun run in the morning!

    I like the idea of running your own race tomorrow, taking it as it comes and doing what you feel like. If you're feeling it, you can kick it, but you can also just chill and make it a more casual run. I like running with no pressure, it makes it more exciting if you end up getting some major energy!

    Love both the blonde and the natural darker hair. Different looks, but both are BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. I'm pretty sure you're my new best friend because of all the rockin comments you left on my blog. Made my freakin day.

    2. I LOVE that you have all these pictures up.

    3. Good luck!! Just go on ahead and take me on that run with you since I can't run for the next couple days. I will run vicariously through my new BFF. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whatever. Camera tricks, my butt! lol. You look great in all of those. I prefer the later flowy picture though, circa 24 y.o.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck today! Can't wait to hear about it!

    I think 24 year old RoseRunner in the flowery dress is my favorite. I mean, even though the Britney Spears-esque butterfly top is obviously more suitable and appropriate for dressy occasions, I just like how dapper you and the boy look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow. i wonder where all my old pictures are....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your hamstring is doing great!!! :) Good luck tomorrow, hope to read an awesome race report soon! Love the pictures!! You are so pretty! You remind me a lot of my older sister, she would have LOVED to wear that butterfly top! And I of course would be way too shy to ever pull that off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i totally wore a dress like that to turnabout. take me to eugene with you. please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're gorgeous! The gold dress is my favorite -- will you pls mail it to me so I have a reason to do something fancy.

    I know you killed the race today. Post your recap asap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look better in the more recent photos, definitely!
    Love the prom photo posts, too funny!
    Your blog is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carry a map? Geez, I don't even have to do that for my 50K in the freaking woods! :)

    If I had worn that black open belly dress to a high school dance, they wouldn't let me in!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OK, is that butterfly top from Express? I'm pretty sure they sold something like that in 2000/2001, somewhere around that time frame. Don't ask me how I know that.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You'll be happy to hear (hopefully) that 20's you totally outdoes teenage you. No one wants to peak at 17, right???

    Good luck on your race! I know I would get lost if I ever did a race with that recommendation. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOOO dresses!! so fun!! I never went to prom because I was training, but how fun to look back at your pictures!!!! I love the beige sparkly dress! And I agree with everyone ! You look more gorgeous in them now, but beautiful in ALL of the pictures!! HAPPY SUNDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. so I give you sh*t about being a shirley ho but honestly...I'm jealous...I was at home stuffing my bra while you were rocking your abs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love love love seeing all these High School photos. Your outfits are the best. I think you rocked all of them, no matter what age you were.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the high school ones cause of the crazy up do. You were styling....

    ReplyDelete

we have a strict no-word-verification policy. Comment away!