Sunday, November 20, 2011

Best Thing Ever

Sooooooooo

This week I have had no interest in listening to/writing my inner blog voice, so I avoided making a trip up in here.  Do you ever re-read your own blog and think, "oh, shut it already."  Sometimes it strikes me as terribly ridiculous and vain to write out and make readers read about the trivial.   But....there are blogs with 208374,83749823 readers who exclusively write about the trivial, so what do I know.

I still have nothing to say today, but a quick update is probably warranted.

Running has sucked this week.  My hip keeps teasing me that it might be feeling better after 2-3 days at a time of resting it; so I run, and while this strange hip issue allows me to actually run (something that other injuries simply deny), I can only give about 70% effort before it becomes too strained and painful to run at a greater effort.

In other words, I am able to run, but slowly and with an undecidedly concerning amount of pain.  Sprinting is out of the question.  I'm terrified that I am losing all my "fast" muscles just in time for a "slow" marathon in two weeks.

Since this doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that is going to disappear before December 4th, marathon day, I may have to write up a new (read: slower) game plan.  I will have to face this issue later....maybe December 3rd.   At all costs, I will still aim for a PR, but I may realistically have to lower my expectations.

In the meantime, this week has been glowingly fun thanks to the wedding and pre-wedding events for a wonderful pair of friends. 

Weddings are officially the best thing in the whole world.  I can't believe I'm rude enough to insist that I will never have one (too afraid of all the attention, among other concerns) given that I owe it to the world and friends to have one of these best-thing-ever events.

I had such a blast.  We danced hard, drank mildly, ate happily, hugged generously. 


If you thought I would learn how to post quality pictures as any quality blog should, you were wrong

Just go with it.  It's art.





The Gentleman played the first-dance-song with 5 of the groom's friends


My finger was jealous and tried to get in the band

This dress....I wish I had a better picture.  All my shots of the bride and groom are video.

Hope to have more time and inspiration to post during the Thanksgiving weekend.  Happy 3-day work-week!  Does anyone have to work on Thursday or Friday? :(

17 comments:

  1. thanksgiving....yep I work like every single day of the year....ok ok I know I should not say that cuz that is not what you meant with your question

    My husband is working both days. He is the boss. I dont get it. Oh and the best part is , he does not get paid for it. It is a paid Holiday but the other people who will work that day will get the paid Holiday plus 1.5 times in overtime.
    end of venting.

    I hope your injury is not too serious and that your running will stop "sucking"..have you seen a Dr for that?

    happy 3 day-work week to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have to be at work all week. One of the upsides of being the boss. I will do some working remotely on Tuesday and Wednesday, but it's a small price to pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my work happens at home, so I usually have my self-created holiday - work like normal until lunch or mid-afternoon, and then relax the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping for more time to post and be inspired too, over the weekend. though i probably do have to work (remotely). i hope running gets better and that you rock the marathon, i know you will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *everytime* I read back my blog, I think "oh, would you just shut it." It just sees so self indulgent, right? Well, at the very least, you have something to write about, even if (at least to you) its not going very well right now.

    I have a soft spot for weddings, as well. Whats not to love about free booze, pretty dresses, and love?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love other people's weddings. I wish I had eloped instead of having my own, but I really enjoy attending them. What can I say? I love free food.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry your hip is being a bitch! Hopefully it's just a taper tantrum. I could not agree more, weddings are the best thing ever. Mine was the best of the best, that's just fact. Glad you had a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good work friend feels the same way about blogging - that sometimes it's just a brag thing, like, "look what I did!" But to me, it's like a diary. If people don't like it, they can not read it!

    Don't stress about your "meh" running week - maybe you're body is just taking a forced rest.

    So, the job I had from '04-'07, I didn't have Friday (after T-day) off. It's a big medical diagnostic company and they were notoriously cheap with holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hope your hip gets better soon and you have a great race at CIM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rose Runner, heal up quickly!

    I am working nightshift on Thanksgiving. This means that I'll go into work at 7pm on Thursday and get off of work at 7am on Friday....followed by some hardcore sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha i am totally one of those 03984738957 blogs that writes about nonsense, trivial things ;)
    But I am glad to be reading yours again.
    I'm sorry that you are hurting. I know that you want to feel better by the marathon, but don't push it too much. Listen to your body, or else you will end up hurt worse than ever :/ that's what happened to me!
    Anyway, miss and love ya!
    <3 Haley

    ReplyDelete
  12. damn pesky bodies, why don't they just comply the way we'd like them to? is it too much to ask for them to just endure months of grueling training for the self satisfaction of a great race? i guess so huh? maybe yours and mine have formed a secret alliance against us where they are boycotting anything that seems too challenging.

    and yes, my blog is falling into the lame category as of late and is making me less and less motivated to write.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel the same way this week. I have nothing of any real value to say. Yet I continue to say it anyway & marvel that anyone reads it at all.

    Injuries suck....hopefully it'll work itself out in time for you to have a kick-ass race!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sucks that your hip is acting crappy. I hope it's feeling better soon...

    And yes, weddings are the best. I wish I could see your dress better!! I love looking at your outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just discovered yr blog thru yr self defense on gomi actually. I have a gimp hip too and it suuuucks. It's great when other people have weddings and children.

    ReplyDelete
  16. my husband works everyday. :( I work tomorrow. I love weddings too! I always thought I wouldn't be "that" girl with "that" wedding but when you get engaged...it changes. I'm glad I had the wedding I did...it f*cking rocked and people got drunk.

    ReplyDelete
  17. btw my blog sucks too...and so do others but they get 88 comments from a post of ONE picture and no commentary!

    ReplyDelete

we have a strict no-word-verification policy. Comment away!