Friday, February 3, 2012

Nine Miles, One Hour

What happens when your boyfriend under-cooks a homemade loaf of Artisan bread?



He refuses to eat it, because it is doughy and dense in the middle.

I then realize this is  my heaven and the loaf is that perfect compromise between my love of dough and my love of homemade bread.

And then I eat the whole thing.

Really, the only thing that has ever kept me from eating a whole homemade loaf in one sitting is that the Gentleman eats half with me.  This time he didn't do his part, and I didn't complain because ooooohhhh my gosh dough.  I love dough.

Eaten alternately with salty butter, blue cheese, and brie, I had the Thursday Night Munchies that just wouldn't quit.

And then I woke up Friday morning and had such a bad-ass run!  Totally attributed to the bread.

Man I don't know what I would do without this blog.  The whole day I was like, "I wanna tell someone about how cool my run was this morning!" But in reality I have no one to tell -- I could text the Gentleman, and he'd be like "that sounds like a good run."  The only thing he can really measure for running is that anything under 3:30 marathon is fast (I think I taught him this a few years ago when I ran a 3:31.  hehe).

I suppose this Friday morning was officially "Tempo Run Number 2" for me.  Hopped on the treadmill, pumped up the incline to 1.0, and pumped the speed up to 9.0.

60 minutes between 9.0 mph (6:39 minute mile) and 9.1 (6:35 minute mile) with a few minutes at 9.4 mph near the end.

Total: 9.03 miles in one hour.  Hell to the yes!

I didn't know I could whip that out and it could feel good.  It felt so so freakin nice.  I didn't feel any hip/butt pain....until minute 50.  Minutes 50-60 were not awesome.  My leg did the locking thing it tends to do when I run fast.

While I'm on this roll bragging like a....blogger, here is a stream of pictures of me in a pretty dress that I wore to the Gentleman's work event this past week.


I did not mean to include my race medal collection....but....appropriate for the blog



It was quickly apparent that this photo shoot needed some props


Just like Madonna and Katy Perry, I can...look cool with a guitar


What wonder is this!?

Pick a hand, any hand


aw I'm shy, I have nothing in my hands

The Gentleman said "now REALLY smile" so I went for it




Then I turned the tables on him and acted as Photographer

na nana na na, your shoes are untied.


Oh heyy, you look HOT with your shoes untied

So happy it's Friday.  The weather is scheduled to be fantastic this weekend in Northern California, and everyone will be on the couch for the Superbowl on Sunday.  Now I ask -- where should I go to take advantage of the lack of crowds that will be out and about?  I won't be watching football now that the 49ers are out.  But I love the empty malls and freeways that accompany Superbowl Sunday.  Maybe the ferry building in San Francisco? The beaches? Any ideas?

15 comments:

  1. First of all, YES to the dough fetish! I can't be trusted to make pizza by myself because half the dough is gone before I even roll it out.

    Secondly, I keep wanting to make the totally superfluous comment on here that you have got some amazing natural running talent. Wow.

    Also, nice dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nine. Miles. Per. Hour.

    My legs want to drop off just thinking about that. At least brilliant runners such as yourself also get the leg locking thing - happens to me too whenever I try and push for the 9.5-10 mark even for a short sprint, or 8.5s if I'm going for an hour. I have hip issues too so I wonder if it might be related to that? Just a thought.

    I wish I could eat a whole loaf of bread and look like you do!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck yeah! Whooeee you are quick! I think a 1 hour tempo would kill my legs. In my college days I used to go to a local bakery and buy loaves of bread and eat them plain or maybe with some mustard, love me some soft homemade bread.

    Rockin that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for the speedy run. That is awesome and I just love those runs when everything is just on fire.

    Cute dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAH for a great tempo!!
    I am not even sure how to do tempos...but I stomp down the pavement thinking I'm doing something while holding 6/min miles :)
    you and your gentleman are HOT! and ohhhh my gosh I loveeee dough...
    this weekend: could we just go to the SF Ferry building and buy out the delicious little breadstore there!! hehe!
    I'm going to go get lost in the woods for hours tomorrow with the bf...if the 49-ers were in the Super Bowl it would be a different story, but there is no way I am losing 4-hrs of my life to commercials :)
    have a great weekend!!
    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is so pretty - reminds me of a gypsy. I mean that in a really good way. I can run at 9MPH too! Except for a maximum of 90 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa. Fast. Shit.

    Okay, my new goal for the spring...to run ONE mile at that pace.

    You look lovely in that dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dress is awesome. Treadmill run is awesome. Close to raw bread dough? That is beyond awesome and into nirvana.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn you're fast!

    Doughy bread, especially gooey cinnamon raisin is my favorite!
    You look great in the dress

    ReplyDelete
  10. wowo! You look gorgeous in that dress! I need to find me something like that! Maybe I will run faster if I make some homemade bread too... best idea ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shit son, that is mighty fast! Defo eating some homemade bread next time I kick out a few miles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm dough... I better get to try some of this amazing look bread someday soon!!

    Love the pics of you in your pretty dress! And the Gentleman looks pretty snazzy too. I also love hearing about your awesome run. I could see you smiling from how awesome it was!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would've devoured all of that bread too. Looks delish! :)

    9 in an hour!!! You're so dang speedy! Nice tempo!! I think I would've lost a leg or something really terrible would've happened if I'd attempt that speed. :) GREAT JOB!!

    you & the gentleman make a great couple. LOVE your dress and hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. um...I wish I lived in Cali so I could wear a short sleeve dress and giggle all day. Right now my toes are near the space heater. BTW I f*cking love bread and brie...and bread with honey....and bread with honey butter....

    ReplyDelete

we have a strict no-word-verification policy. Comment away!