Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oprah Hates her Stomach

Although I've never watched an Oprah show except for one or two sick days in high school (it's on at 3:00? 4:00? Isn't everybody not on their couch at that hour?), I have been a loyal O magazine reader for about 9 years.

Every time a new issue arrives in our mailbox, the Gentleman and I hold our breath to see....if....once again, Oprah found a way to hide her stomach on the cover of the magazine.

Look at these cute puppies, but not my stomach!

We've noticed a hilarious/sad trend.  On the off chance that the cover is not just a shot of Oprah from the shoulders up (most common), Oprah--or her magazine production team--finds a way to creatively cover up Oprah's middle section.

Christmas bulb wreath! Not a chubby belly!

We like to ponder whether she has strict orders that the cover-photo team always cover her up, or whether the cover-photo team secretly keeps taking these kinds of photos without telling her because they can't figure out how to flatter her body after years of working with Kate Moss types.



Today we hide the thip.  Thigh/hip area. That was a typo but now I'm going with it as a cool made-up word


Seriously?!  How does anyone not find it awkward that she is hiding behind a cake?


Dogs are a common go-to cover up.  Double-time with the block of words


Dogs!! Oprah HATES just one dog at a time.   She LOVES many dogs at a time.


I can't even find her legs in this one


Thank you...for incredibly large font "Thank You!"


My very favorite.  Oprah covers herself with Rosie O'Donnell....who covers herself with a curtain


Three Oprahs, concealed by one word flag.

Maybe these are all a coincidence -- after all, photoshop seems like an easier solution if hiding a bulge was the real purpose.  Either way, I don't understand what the editors/Oprah are trying to hide.  She is supposedly "candid" about her weight issues.  And, she looks fine as far as I'm concerned.  She's also OPRAH.  She could look like Jabba the Hut and we would still admire her for whatever that thing is that she does that we all love.


Who is Oprah fooling?  Do you think this is her choice or her editors? Am I trying desperately to devote an entire post to something irrelevant but slightly amusing? Yes.

13 comments:

  1. If you write it, they will come...

    Did you know her show is no longer on the air? My son and I were speaking of irrelevant things this afternoon...did you know there is a Captain Irrelevant?

    No one is fooled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s sad really, I mean it’s a magazine in her name after all, why should she have to have a litter of puppies and/ Rosie O'Donnell covering her up? Guess the world of photoshop and starving model pics gets to us all deep down ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read O Magazine, but I've seen plenty of them and this has escaped my notice, until now. Does she cover herself up INSIDE the magazine too?? I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Yes, i think that Oprah does, indeed, hate her stomach. :) Hilarious post. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's probably her choice. Pretty soon it will just be a close up of her face, airbrushed of course cause she wouldn't want us to see any wrinkles.

    Saw this video this morning
    http://now.msn.com/now/0227-oprah-kimmel-show.aspx
    Oprah repo's her fav things back. Hilarious, fast foward to about 2:30 into the video to watch that part. And about 6:20 in for the book club fight club, too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god. You have uncovered a seriously amazing trend. I definitely DO NOT think that it is a coincidence. As someone who is also not a fan of her stomach, I totally understand what's going on there and it is hilarious. Although I'm not sure why she doesn't just go with the photo-shopping option. Maybe it's cause she's Oprah and she's got a reputation to uphold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is HER choice...she is the Oprah!
    this is pretty sad..but for her only..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a coincidence, as I'm sure you can imagine. My previous job involved interacting with the O company, and there were EXTREMELY strict rules on what you could do with her image. Like, picture the longest list of rules you've ever seen, and add 10 new rules you would have never thought of to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really funny catch! But yeah, it's very obvious now that you called it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. "...for whatever that thing is that she does that we all love." Well-put. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG. I love that you took the time to post this collage of photos...and if she's insecure why don't they just take photos of just her face? Either way, I still love her and I pose the EXACT same way she does...with people standing in front of me while I hide behind them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Asκіng questiоns are іn fact
    nice thing іf yоu are not undегstanding anything totally,
    exсeрt this post рrοvides nіcе undеrstanding yet.


    Herе іs mу web site; love and future

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything published made a ton οf ѕense.
    But, what about thiѕ? supрοse уοu
    werе to cгeate a аwesοme
    headline? I am not suggeѕting your information іѕ
    not solid, but suppοѕе you added ѕomethіng that maκes peоple desiгe mοrе?
    I mean "Oprah Hates her Stomach" is κindа νanillа.
    You might lοοk аt Yahoo's home page and note how they create news headlines to grab viewers to open the links. You might add a related video or a related pic or two to grab people excited about everything'vе gοt to sаy.
    Just my opinіon, it could bring your blog a little bit moге interesting.


    Feel fгeе tο ѵіsit
    my site: gsa search engine ranker list

    ReplyDelete

we have a strict no-word-verification policy. Comment away!